Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Kiss Good Night


The scent of her still lingers fresh and inviting like the very first day of spring. As I close my eyes and slowly inhale, I take in a deep breath. The sweet smell of her skin starts to make its way into my starving lungs filling it with a rewarding satisfaction. Drifting between dream and reality, I can picture it so clearly with the clarity of traffic sounds in the background. The moon hanging in the sky was full and bright, wind blowing snow drifting high up into the street lights.  We were bundled up in our thick wool jackets, noses red and pretty scarves wrapped around our necks. Standing there still, for a moment our bodies planted parallel on the cold and icy pavement.


We faced each as my eyes started to shift down her face.  Soon as our eyes connected and it felt as if the world started to fade away. At that moment we were one, as if we were staring back at ourselves. We were suspended; we were lost in a zone where time didn't exist. Eyes still locked in each other’s gaze, as quick as we were in bliss; we were back in this harsh and snowy environment. I reached out my arms and embrace the fullness of her body, hugging tightly that there were no gaps left between us, or so I imagined. I take the time to fully appreciate how we fit so well together, like a piece of a puzzle that was missing, finally found, finally completed.


As our faces met, and I felt the pressure of her breathe against the side of my neck, its warmth and constant flow brought goose bumps descending down me back, shivers echoed through every inch of my body. Our chilly cheeks brushed ever so slightly for a second and I turn to plant a quick peck on the left side of her face. I lean my head back and catch a glimpse of her full and glossy lips glistering underneath the light post. Like a homing missile I was locked on my target, going in for the kill, impact, our lips collided. Even in this winter climate her lips was soft as velvet, delicious as the first time that I tasted them.  


Taking a step back our hands still clasps tightly together, hearts racing with one another. I knew the night was coming to an end but a feeling of longing still consumed me. I slowly feel our hands slipping away from each other as we inched towards our destinations. I say goodnight as the tips of our fingers break away into the cold thin air, arms still extended outwards. Watching her intensely as if in slow motion making her way up the snow covered stairs. By the time she made it to door my arms was resting quietly by my side, eyes still focused solely on her as she turned around to wave a last goodbye.  Her smile that can melt away the coldness within seconds, her look that was so memorizing and stunning, she was beautiful. I quickly smile and wave back as we turned away from each other. Anxiously waiting to be in her presents again…

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I really like how descriptive you are at describing things in this blog. It paints an awesome picture as I read through it. Of course...I'm not the english Nazis so I say it was beautifully written bro. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, when i get inspired, sometimes i try to be a writer. lol

      Delete